Internship #1

Woke up at 4:00am on the morning of the 29th,
finished packing up my bag and I was off to LAX.
The plane rides were fine, one to Chicago and
the next to Jackson. Planes are meant for tall guys.
I arrived at the airport to be picked up by 2 two
year interns named Rachel and Maria and a
summer intern named Katie.

Once we got to the center I was greeted by JP
(John Perkins) himself. He seems to get shorter
and shorter as the years pass. It could be me.
I then moved into my house, an older 6 room
house occupied by a few two year interns as
well as the other summer interns with me.

That night I was able to get to know the guys
in my house a lot better while watching the
Lakers do work on the Suns, and where was
the game? o ya, Phoenix.

The following day I went to church in Jackson,
Sonic for lunch, then was able to go to another
camp in West Jackson to attend a fun afternoon
community BBQ. I was able to meet a bunch of
new friends and realize how terrible I am at
basketball. Then a home study that night.

John Perkins grandson, Big John, lead the
study on Jesus' prayer from John 17. Then
he challenged us to write a prayer in response
to Jesus' prayer, so here is my response.

Dear King Jesus,
The sacrifice you made on this worlds behalf,
the sacrifice Your Father made when giving
You to us, and knowing of the joy You felt in
the process, is unfathomable. Lord, the unity
that You and your Father have is something
I now see as necessary for Your children here
on earth to obtain. Lord I pray that I, Your
servant, become one, unified with Your
children. Lord please continue to overflow
me with Your joy, Your perfect joy,
especially in times of trials, help us to take
joy in knowing from those trials we will
produce perseverance. Lord give me
confidence when I worry about the troubles
of this world because You King Jesus, have
overcome the world. Lord fill me with Your
spirit to overflowing so that the world may
see you through me. Help me always
remember what You did for me on that
cross. I love you papa

Amen

The past couple of days have been devoted
to orientation. Being that this internship is
going to be a summer camp that I will help
run, the other interns and I have been
getting to know each other as well as
ourselves better for the purpose of furthering
God's Kingdom through working this summer
camp for the next 8 weeks.

Well thats it for now! Thanks for all the
prayers, but keep them coming. Stand
firm for His Kingdom!


0 comments:

Tiny Dancer


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones